1 1/8 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, completely softened
1 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp. garlic salt
Directions
1. Thoroughly combine all the ingredients in a bowl.
2. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
3. Using your hands, take a small piece of dough and shape into a ball, about the size of a grape. Gently flatten in your hand to form your cracker. Place on a cookie sheet. Repeat.
You can make your crackers whatever shape and size you like to snack
on. For example, I like mine small and round(like cheez-it size, except
in a circle). I've made small and square(like cheez-its) and larger and
round (like ritz crackers) and both have baked out to taste great, it's
really your preference. Have fun with it!
If the dough seems powdery, don't worry! When you form the crackers,
the powder will melt into the butter from the heat of your hand. I was
worried when this happened to me, but it's not an issue at all!
4. After all the dough is formed into crackers, bake 10-12 minutes or until golden.
Allow the crackers to cool before you eat them! This may sound crazy, but when I pulled out this batch of crackers, they looked like they had little sparkles in them... Maybe the salt?
What are your suggestions for my next batch of cheese crackers?
Recipe inspired by: My original cheese cracker recipe
I am a coffee lover and it is exciting to have a iced coffee. Thanks for sharing the recipe, I will definitely make this coffee.
ReplyDeleteRegard
Kopi Luwak.
Awesome!
ReplyDelete