Friday, June 20, 2014
Friday Fail- Watermelon Rum Punch
This past Friday the 13th was my dad's birthday. I posted his favorite peanut butter cookies in honor of him, and I tried out a new cocktail recipe for us to enjoy while we celebrated!
It was actually my mom's idea to make a cocktail, and she mentioned they had rum. I knew her garden was being overtaken with mint, so I searched online for a rum/mint drink. I found a watermelon rum punch recipe, which looked easy enough for my low level of cocktail making skills, and all we needed was watermelon! Off to the store she went.
I cut up the watermelon, which was actually a difficult task. Does anyone have any good tips for cubing watermelon? We decided to add 2 peaches at the last minute, because my mom wasn't going to do anything else with them, and blended watermelon, peaches, ice, and mint in her blender.
The rum punch looked prettier than it tasted. It didn't have much of a distinct flavor, and one of my taste testers said it had too much mint. However, it was refreshing. And it hid the rum VERY well. I also thought the texture was a little off, but no one else said anything about it.
No "wow" factor, but it was refreshing enough to finish off. I actually think this recipe has potential, and, I would love to experiment making it incredible. My twitter friend, Dawn, actually tweeted me a couple enticing suggestions to develop this cocktail.
Do you have any great cocktail recipes? Share them!
{My dad's birthday dinner! Have you ever tried Casey's pizza?}
Try these other incredible cocktail recipes!
Sweet Tea Vodka Lemonade Mojitos from Iowa Girl Eats
Lemon Basil Margarita from Creative Culinary
Simple Sangria from Sammi Sunshine
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



My husband is a HUGE peanut butter addict...errrr...lover..and I will definitely try these. Maybe even tonight?!
ReplyDeleteIt looks too easy not to!
Thanks for sharing your awesome blog on my facebook!
xoxo
Glam Hungry Mom
Haha, he sounds like my dad! Enjoy the cookies!
ReplyDeleteSorry you weren't happy with the result! I'm still on a quest for the perfect pina colada. :-) It looks pretty though!
ReplyDelete