Monday, April 28, 2014

How To Make Egg Muffins

The great thing about this grab and go nutritious breakfast is, you can make these egg muffins to your taste. If you want to mix the eggs and yolks together with some veggies, then pour them in the muffin pan, go for it!! If you like cheese with your eggs, go for it! If you prefer to add an assortment of spices, go for it! It's all up to you. :)
(To see another great grab and go recipe, check out my Freezer Breakfast Burritos)

I've seen similar pictures of these egg muffins on Pinterest and some of my favorite websites. But, I never really gave this quick breakfast a thought until I moved into my new house and had a farther drive to work. Breakfast did not fit into my morning schedule, so I had to find a way to make a nutritious grab and go breakfast! 

These are perfect if you have very little time in the morning, yet still want to eat a healthy breakfast! I usually grabbed one of these egg muffins, and a fruit, threw them in a sack, and made my way out the door! I was fortunate enough to work where I could quickly eat my breakfast while working.

I'm a simple gal, and this is how I make my egg muffins.

Ingredients(Makes 6 egg muffins)
Spinach
6 eggs
Pepper

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 

2. Spray muffin tins with non-stick, or coat with oil or butter. 

3. Place 3 or 4 leaves of spinach in each muffin tin. Crack one egg into each muffin tin. Sprinkle pepper on each egg.

4. Bake 12-15 minutes.

5. Store eggs in an airtight container in the refrigerator.

This is a pretty easy breakfast to prep on the weekend, and I love that it's healthy!

I'm curious, what would you put in your egg muffins?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... UA-51389608-1