nav bar

Home     About Me     Recipes     Contact Me     My World      Follow  <b>Sammi Sunshine</b> on Facebook Follow  <b>Sammi Sunshine</b> on Twitter Follow Me on Pinterest Subscribe to Sammi Sunshine on Google + Follow Me on Instagram

Monday, May 26, 2014

How To Make Iced Coffee

How to make the best iced coffee! Refreshing and smooth coffee that cools you down, and gives you your coffee fix. | Sammi Sunshine
Holy banana's Batman, it's hot out there! If you are a coffee lover like I am, you will appreciate this recipe. This cold brew method gives you a refreshing and smooth jolt of caffeine and cools you down at the same time!

Ok, so I used to make iced coffee by brewing a pot of coffee and saving it in my refrigerator. I would also pour some coffee in an ice tray and freeze "coffee cubes". Then in the morning, I would fill my to- go cup with coffee cubes and cold coffee and be on my way. Yes, I enjoyed it, but it wasn't spectacular.

This past week I heard about the beauty of cold brewing your coffee. Many people swore up and down it tastes so much better than the method I use. But, you have to let your coffee sit for 12-18 in the refrigerator! For that reason alone, I was hesitant to try it. But I did.

How to make the best iced coffee! Refreshing and smooth coffee that cools you down, and gives you your coffee fix. | Sammi Sunshine

Let me tell you, it was worth it! The coffee tastes smoother and less bitter. The quality of the coffee far outweighs the taste of hot brewed coffee, cooled down. I seriously want to run down the streets yelling the secret of cold brewed coffee. Enough with the embarrassing confessions, here's the recipe.

How to make the best iced coffee! Refreshing and smooth coffee that cools you down, and gives you your coffee fix. | Sammi Sunshine

Ingredients & Supplies
1 1/4 cups coarsely ground dark roast coffee (We love Seattles Best)
3 cups cold water
1 quart size jar with lid
Coffee filter
Mesh strainer
Bowl

Directions
1. Put your coffee grounds and water in the jar. Screw on lid, and shake jar until the coffee and water are combined. (or you can just stir the water and coffee)

2. Place the jar in the refrigerator and let it set for at least 12 hours. This is when it "brews".

3. After it's done brewing, remove from the refrigerator. Place the mesh strainer over the bowl. Fit the coffee filter in the mesh strainer. Pour coffee over the strainer and allow the liquid to strain until it all drips through. Throw away the coffee grounds.

4. Rinse out your jar, and put the coffee back into the jar. Refrigerate for later use. Or serve yourself up a cup, it's your story.

Personally, I like to put some coffee cubes in a cup with some cold brew coffee, and drink it black. But if you take your coffee with creamer, go for it! It's your life, it's now or never. You ain't gonna live forever.... Ok, back to reality.

How do you like your coffee?

How to make the best iced coffee! Refreshing and smooth coffee that cools you down, and gives you your coffee fix. | Sammi Sunshine

4 comments:

  1. Sounds soooo yummy :) But I'm lazy and I drink from my Keurig hahaha ;) ust push a button!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love my Keurig too! But I cannot stand drinking hot coffee in the summer. :/

      Delete
  2. This looks amazing, I love cheesecake and the oreo seems like it would add a lovely texture? I'm wondering if you might even be able to make a crust out of the crushed oreos.


    S xo.


    blinkeredbarbiebakes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great idea about the crust! :)

    ReplyDelete

Never miss a recipe. Subscribe for updates!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger... UA-51389608-1